2009-07-30

hilarity.ensued

The prodigal daughter returns to her blog. Enough said. I feel no need to hem and haw over intents, life, and details of why I haven't written in ages. You don't want to read it anyway.

Yesterday was my first day back in Provo-land after the sweet, sweet retreat of Utah's Shakespearean Festival and Zion's National Park. It was a beautiful week. I decided to record some choice comments. Here are a few - unprompted and unedited, hopefully supplying brief entertainment despite lack of vocal inflection, context, and familiarity with the parties involved. I'd also like to add that I made my mom pee her pants laughing for the first time in her life. That's impressive.


Caitlin (19 years old):
"Hey Mom - they had plumbing when you were little, didn't they?"

Dad: "Mom was PERFECTLY right. Uh... what did you say, honey?"

My father, watching Cait drive on the freeway:
"She's an idiot. I can't believe I've spawned an idiot."

Jameson's reaction to a billboard's fertility clinic advert:
"Doctor, are my salmon swimming upstream?"

Joseph: "You bought a station wagon?!?! Whatever. I would never have done that."
James: "That's because you haven't had that experience with God yet. God told them to buy that station wagon."
Cait: "It was God's station wagon."

Caitlin: "Joseph should marry a Tongan. A blonde Tongan."
Joseph: "Do they exist? With a soft round nose and a gentle face?"

3 comments:

kathy w. said...

Yay! You're back. I was just thinking how much I missed your blog.

And those quotes are hilarious--context or not.

Yours truly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beth said...

I actually remember you guys coming to visit me and hearing many of these conversations! I miss hanging out with you all!