2009-10-28

nothing.is.unknowable.

Sometimes there are jewels in the cracks we step over in life, and the people that follow us - tracing our steps with a light heart and unsearching eyes - will miss their glint. Sometimes I want to record things I feel aren't mine to tell on a hidden scrap.

Sometimes I'm afraid I'll forget the power of unexpected and potent miracles, the spirit words will never describe. Then, I remember that scratchings of black ink on a page reflect a mere paucity of what the heart finds rearranged.

The only way to find and remember is by living truly.

4 comments:

kathy w. said...

You're back on your blog! Yay! Glad to hear you've been living instead of writing about living. I should do more of that.

Yours truly said...

Oh Kathy, I know you! You manage to live life vibrantly and record it too. I love your writing.

e.p. said...

Heather, I have blog-stalked you through facebook (this is Elizabeth, by the way). Embarrassing to admit, but I am so glad I did. Your blog is a jewel. Thank you for writing so wonderfully and so honestly. I especially love your last statement in this entry. I believe that with all my heart, and I will try to live in such a way that I may remember (I have been forgetful of late). :)

Yours truly said...

haha, that's great, Elizabeth. I don't mind. It's a great release, and I should write more often. I really like the blog you're working on with others about Oscar Wilde - he's so interesting.