2008-08-19

bad.car.day


She was in the parking lot minding her own business when local tenants attacked.

Blood-red paint oozing down my poor baby's silver sheen. Happy Birthday, Cindy. We just wanted to let you know how much we cared. Enough to find and deface your car! Wait, that was your car, wasn't it? Cindy? Oh Cindy, I'm so glad we're such close friends.

"The Cuteness", as my younger brother and sister have deemed it, had a rough day today. Abject humiliation in the medium of sponge-paint markers just wasn't enough. After the hot sun had all morning to bake red paint onto her surface (yes, the Cuteness has gender now), the University Parking Police slapped a boot on her. You'd think a little leeway would be given when an automobile owner is about to buy a parking pass at their own apartment complex for said owner's new automobile, but, you'd be wrong.

When the unfortunate employees of this very enterprise returned to the scene of tragedy, my pathetic attempts to hop while wiping the back window were acutely humiliating. 5'1" girls with heels should not be required to scrub the back windows of a vehicle, compact or not. I'm just sayin'. Multiple apologies ensued, including hemming and hawing over whether they had booted my car on my birthday, about making me late to work, making me wait for over 30 minutes in the noon-day sun... I was nice to them, but I let them think it was my birthday. Is that wrong? It all just cracked me up.

Kudos, Cindy. Happy birthday.

1 comment:

Shiloh said...

Poor Heather! That is a lousy day! I would have let them think it was my B-day too! haha!
LOVE your blog!!! Keep it up!